When flu season comes around, it’s important to soothe your aching throat with something healthy and delicious. Yes, of course you’ll have plenty of tea and honey, but why not try a cold treat to numb away your woes?
Makes: 1 prescription quart
Total kitchen time: 20 minutes plus freezing time
- 6 blood oranges (you can cheat and buy blood orange juice – about 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup Muscat (dessert wine; you can drink the rest)
- 1/2 cup blue agave nectar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tbsp. vanilla almond tea (loose tea in an infuser, or about 4 tea bags)
- 1 tsp. lavender (in an infuser, or find lavender tea, about 2 bags)
- 2 cups water
- Juice the blood oranges through a fine mesh screen to remove any pulp or seeds. I used my potato ricer to get the oranges squozen.
- Combine the blood orange juice, Muscat, agave nectar, vanilla bean (including the pod) and ginger in a medium pot. Bring the liquid just to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add the tea and lavender in an infuser or in loose tea bags. Let the mixture steep for 10 minutes. Remove and discard the tea.
- Add the water and refrigerate the mixture overnight or until cold. Then, freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker, you can still-freeze this recipe in a large, shallow baking dish. Pour in the mixture and put it in the coldest part of your freezer. Every 20 minutes or so, scrape the sorbet with the tines of a fork to break up the ice crystals. You’ll end up with more of a granita than a sorbet, but it will still be delicious.
buy suprax 400 mg | You need look no further when car insurance quotes appear this attractive! | Learning the competition allows having car insurance quotes WI at a reasonable price. | http://www.findlifeinsurquotes.com is the preferred site for consumers who need insurance | Big discounts available to all who use this site for their cheap Valtrex