With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it’s time to start planning the fate of your leftovers. Personally, I love a great turkey sandwich after a busy morning of shopping (online, of course) for Black Friday deals. But what’s a turkey sandwich without mayo? In this recipe, we use a very olive-y oil to give our mayo a wonderful, rich flavor – something our day-old turkey would appreciate.
Makes: about 2.5 cups
Total kitchen time: 10 minutes
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. of water
- 2 tbsp. of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of plain white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 of a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times until combined.
- Using the “drizzle holes” on the top of your food processor, or by pouring slowly into your blender, incorporate the olive oil while mixing on low speed. Depending on the size of your egg yolks, you may not need to use all of the olive oil. If the mayo is too thin, add more oil. If it is too thick, add a little water.
That’s it! Now you’ve got a delicious spread for your Thanksgiving leftovers, or a dip for your crudités!