Scott Heimendinger is a culinary technologist and entrepreneur. He is the Technical Director at Modernist Cuisine, a culinary research lab and publisher of the world’s most acclaimed books on the science of cooking. He co-founded the sous vide machine company, Sansaire, and served as its first Chief Marketing Officer. Scott has been a sous vide devotee since his first bite of a 65°C egg back in 2009. Shortly thereafter, Scott reverse-engineered his own immersion circulator and posted the instructions for a $75 DIY Sous Vide Machine on his blog, Seattle Food Geek. In 2012, Scott was named one of Forbes 30 Under 30 in the Food & Wine category. In 2013, the Sansaire home sous vide machine launched on Kickstarter, setting a new record for the #1 most funded food and drink project to date. Prior to his work in culinary science, Scott worked at IBM and was a program manager at Microsoft on the Business Intelligence team.
- Forbes “30 Under 30” in Food & Wine, 2012
- Kickstarter #1 Most-Funded Project, Food & Drink Category, for Sansaire in 2013
- Webby Award for MDRN KTCHN produced by Chow, 2013
- Best Short Video Series nomination by the International Association of Culinary Professionals, 2013
- Saveur Best Food Blog Awards Finalist, 2012
- Winner of Best Food Blog, Western Washington, King 5 Evening Magazine 2010
CREATIVITY IN THE REARVIEW
My career has been a fabulous, twisted path. To learn more about how I got to here, check out a talk I gave for Chicago Ideas Week, 2015.