Don’t let Orville Reddenbacher fool you – corn was meant to be grilled. This spicy yet cool corn is the perfect accompaniment for grilled meat or fish. However, just because corn is a side dish doesn’t mean it needs to take the back-seat in flavor.
Makes: 5 ears
Total kitchen time: 20 mins
- 5 ears white corn, shucked
- 8 tbsp. salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. red cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning (or your favorite spicy seasoning blend)
- Preheat your grill over medium heat. Place the corn directly on the grill and close the lid. Grill, turning occasionally, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mash together using the back of a fork. If you’re making this recipe in a larger quantity, you may want to prepare the butter using a food processor.
- When the corn is almost done (check for tenderness with a fork) brush it on all sides with the cilantro butter and grill for another 1-2 minutes.
This cilantro butter also makes great grilled toast, and can be added to shellfish, chicken, or white fish for a wonderful, simple seasoning.