I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the coming of a new year than with good food and great friends. Here’s a menu for an elegant New Years Eve, or any other worthy occasion.
- Mozzarella-stuffed olives
- Prosciutto rolls with herbed goat cheese
- Pear and Red Beet Salad – Minus the Salad
- Cream of Butternut Squash
- Twice-Baked Potato Rounds
- Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Velvet Hazelnut Gelato
I’d recommend pairing a dry, white wine such as a Dry Gewürztraminer with the hors d’ouvres, salad and soup courses. For the entree, try a full-bodied Merlot. If you’re still feeling adventurous, pop the cork on a bottle of Brut Champagne with dessert.