Oh the joy of leftovers! Trust me, if you had what I had for dinner last night, you would share my passion for this delectable day-after breakfast.
Total kitchen time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 rewarded chef (just multiply everything if there are other worthy cooks in the household)
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 pat butter
- 1 tsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lump crab meat
- 2 tbsp. mascarpone cheese
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. crème fraîche
- finely diced chives, to garnish
- Heat the butter over high heat in a small skillet until foamy.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Whisk the mixture with a fork to incorporate as much air as possible.
- Pour the egg mixture in the skillet and swirl it around a bit so it is just ever-so-scrambled. Now wait. Don’t do anything for at least 45 seconds.
- Using a silicone spatula, scrape around the edges of the pan to loosen the egg from the sides. Tilt and swirl the pan to allow the runny, uncooked egg on top to drip down underneath the cooked parts. Do this for about a minute.
- Add the mascarpone and crab meat to one side of the pan and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute. Using your silicone spatula, fold the opposite side of the eggs over the crab bits. Gracefully slide the whole thing onto a plate.
- Top with a dollop of crème fraîche and some chives.
You worked hard last night, picking all that crab. And, if your guests happen to be joining you for breakfast, they will all appreciate your effort. Enjoy with a mimosa and a smile.